Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Imperial Poverty - Part 1 - Coruscant Days

(To play music, "right click" and open in a new tab.)          

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . . .

 Click Here for Music

   My name is irrelevant because I am irrelevant. I was raised in the dirty, violent, Poverty stricken under-levels of the city-wide planet of Imperial Center, formally known as Coruscant.





   Since a very young age, I longed to escape this hell pit and live on the surface, where there's happiness and opportunities to be had, and you can actually see the sun!


   I often wonder how such grotesque Poverty could exist in a galaxy so advanced in just about every way, especially in a place which happens to be the most diverse, technologically advanced, and cultured planet in the known galaxy.

   I guess it's a matter too complicated for me to grasp.

   I'm on my own in this land of thieves and the underprivileged. My mother died of some kind of mouth infection when I was 15 standard years old. I never knew my father. I'm now 18 standard years old and already, I can see and feel the effects of living in Poverty ravaging all aspects of my being.

   My situation is hopeless. . .

   When I heard the news that the Jedi had attempted to take over the government, but had ultimately failed, and now a new Galactic Empire had been established, I thought nothing of it because it was doubtful there would be any change.

   How foolish I was. . .

(Mute Music)

   The day my life changed forever was like any other day.

   I set out on my daily routine of simply trying to survive when something unusually strange caught my eye. . . A group of grey uniformed men were putting up what looked to be propaganda posters.




   A large crowd of onlookers had started to form around them, uttering words of disdain or applause.


   Out of curiosity, I pushed through the crowed and asked one of the uniformed men what exactly they were up to.

Click Here for Music

   "Want to join the Imperial army son? And get out of this wretched hive?" the cocky Imperial officer inquired. 

   I never imagined myself as a soldier. I didn't think I was cut out for such a profession. I was weak; lack of nutrition, proper hygiene, adequate sleep, as well as a plethora of other struggles and disadvantages had taken there tolls, but I did have one advantage, I was young. My existence would surely be short lived if I didn't make drastic changes, so out of desperation for a new and better life I said, "yes."

(Mute Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment